Monday, June 24, 2013

Evening bassin

One thing I have always enjoyed is hitting up local canals for bass on summer evenings when the afternoon storms settle down. It's a relaxing change of pace from a 6-8 hour kayak trip. When the weather gets hot, day time kayak trips become almost cumbersome. Often times I will fish for snook in the surf in the morning and follow it up with a pond or canal bass night cap, leaving the kayaks at home.

 I recently got a couple of cheap bags of bass worms and have started putting them to good use, this two-pound fish came out of a canal in my neighborhood.


I had the worm rigged weedless on a weighted hook. It hit on the fall before the worm even hit bottom. I caught 4 more, all the others came in right around a pound. I just picked up some bullet weights and Trokar worm hooks to start fishing a true Texas rig next time I go out. Hopefully I can get a couple 5 pounders this summer!



1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing picture. Well done. Hoping you get a few 5-pounders this summer.

    ReplyDelete