Saturday, January 3, 2015

Catching Up

The last 5 months have been a bit hectic thanks to the arrival of my new fishing buddy, Cameron. He was born in July and has been nothing but awesome since! We have even caught our first fish together, a bluegill at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Needless to say, daddy daycare has consumed more of my time than fishing, but I have loved every minute of it. The bulk of my fishing has come in the form of quick afternoon roadside rod slinging and short morning trips on the kayak. However, I recently acquired a 15'4 Gheenoe Highsider with a 4 HP Mercury to help make the most of the time I do get on the water. I can now reach my fishing destinations much quicker and spend more time with a line in the water.


Some highlights of the last few months include a few baby tarpon on the fly, some nice bass, some snook out of places you would never expect, and obviously the first fish out of the new to me Gheenoe. Here's to a great 2015 full of fun, fish, and fresh diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment