Saturday, January 3, 2015

Last trip of 2014, First trip in the Gheenoe


Location: Myakkahatchee Creek
Time: 0630-1030
Tides: Incoming
Weather: Overcast/Dense Fog, Hi75/Lo64, little to no wind
Vessel: Gheenoe 15'4 Highsider
Fish: 5 snook to 29 inches, 3 ladyfish, and one 19" jack
Tactics: Light jigheads and soft plastics on light spinning tackle

This was the first trip in my new-to-me Gheenoe. I was very pleased to catch a slot snook as the first fish in this boat. I have a few modifications I will be doing shortly to make the gheenoe work best for me but I am overall very excited to have this vessel in my fishing arsenal. The river fishing hasn't exactly been on par as the recent temperatures have been a bit higher than normal for this time of year. January and February should prove to be productive up the rivers and creeks though.

No comments:

Post a Comment